Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I need my 8 hours!

For something we do a third of our lives, a lot of times we don't even think about our sleep. This TED talk is really interesting and gives some great tips to help you get to sleep; I'm counting it as one of my documentaries for my 101 in 1001. I found it really interesting that many individuals with mental health problems already have sleep disruptions and many of those individuals find sleep disruptions make their condition worse. I love sleep. I must have my full eight hours to feel my best.  I have to agree with the tips that are given by Russell Foster. I added some of my own ideas in there.

How to go to bed tired:
  • No caffeine after lunch
  • Reduce light half hour before sleep
  • Turn off cell phones/tablets/anything that lights up
  • Read a real book (you know with real pages to turn)
  • Don't rely on alcohol to help you get sleepy
  • Routinely go to bed at a similar time each night and wake up at a similar time each morning
How to wake up in the morning:



How have you been sleeping?


post signature